• Search
  • |
  • My Tai Calon

Where can I get independent financial & debt advice

If you are having problems paying your rent, you may be having problems paying other bills like your gas and electricity, and credit companies. You may also be entitled to claim benefits.

We won't know you have a problem, unless you tell us.

To book a free and confidential appointment with an independent Money and Debt Advisor call us on 0300 303 1717, Monday to Friday, between 9am and 5pm, or by texting the word taicalon followed by your name to 60030.

The Citizens Advice Bureau (CAB)

free advice on a wide range of subjects, including debit, benefit and money matters. Telephone 0844 477 2020

Shelter Cymru

the people and homes charity in Wales. For housing advice telephone 0845 075 5005

Your Benefits are Changing

Telephone 0300 303 1073 or text Change to 80018

Smart Money Credit Union

offers financial services to people living in Blaenau Gwent.
Telephone 029 2088 3751

The Money Advice Service in Wales

Telephone 0300 330 0520

Blaenau Gwent County Borough Council

Telephone 01495 311556



Moneyline is a “not for profit” organisation working in Blaenau Gwent and is an ethical alternative to high-street payday lenders.

Telephone 0345 643 1553 or TEXT: 0786 002 1512


  • Where can I get independent financial & debt advice

  • Get in touch
  • 0300 303 1717
  • info@taicalon.org
  • Text taicalon to 60030,
    followed by your message.