Our philosophy at Tai Calon is to generate enthusiasm and personal commitment, within every single person associated with the organisation. We want to deliver excellence in everything we do and instil a drive for achievement and success. We are proud to be part of our organisation and together we can make a real difference!
At Tai Calon Community Housing our vision is to provide homes and thriving neighbourhoods where people are proud to live. To do this it’s important that we recruit the most talented staff.
We want all our employees, from our most experienced to our newest recruits, to be community and tenant focussed, with a commitment to providing the highest quality service in their area of the business. If you wish to share this commitment with us, are you interested in progressing your career within Tai Calon? Here’s what we have to offer:
Tai Calon recognises that all our staff are talented and hardworking. That’s why we want to offer staff more than just their monthly pay cheque.
We can offer staff a range of benefits that all add up to make Tai Calon a better place for you to continue your career.
- Auto-enrolment into the Local Government Pension Scheme.
- Generous annual leave allowance of up to 30 days per year* plus statutory holidays AND an additional 2 gratuity days between the Christmas and New Year period.
- Free onsite parking for up to 119 members of staff**.
- Access to a suite of salary sacrifice benefits including Childcare Vouchers and Cycle to Work scheme.
- Access to hundreds of high-street store discounts and offers as well as discounts in other service areas such as insurance, trips, holidays, tourist attractions, cars and car servicing, for example.
- Learning and development to provide you the opportunity to progress in your Tai Calon career.
Learning and Development
Tai Calon recognises the importance of investing in our staff. That’s why we have a dedicated organisational development team who support employees to achieve their full potential.
- All of our job roles at Tai Calon have a training and development programme to equip our staff with the necessary skills, knowledge and qualities to get the best out of their role.
- Tai Calon has its own employment and skills team who can support staff who wish to pursue job opportunities within the business. This includes guidance and coaching on everything from completing an application form, to interview techniques.
- In 2015 Tai Calon launched its flagship Higher Education Scheme. This highly successful initiative has supported and subsidises staff members to pursue qualifications at degree level and higher in order to further their professional development.
- Tai Calon has an ongoing ‘multi-skill’ programme which has allowed many tradespersons to learn additional trade skills alongside their core occupation. This programme has made our frontline service more dynamic as well as equipping staff with an accredited qualification.
Health and Wellbeing
One of the secrets to a motivated and productive workforce is ensuring that staff are supported with their health, safety and wellbeing. We are a proud and inclusive organisation that seeks to give all employees an equal opportunity to demonstrate their ability.
- Tai Calon has a free and ongoing health surveillance programme designed to support a range of occupational health concerns.
- Care First provide our staff with a free, confidential and 24-hour employee assistance programme. This includes access to flexible counselling options, online cognitive behavioural therapy and access to a vast range of health and wellbeing support material.
- Free eye tests available to all employees*** including subsidy towards cost of eyewear.
- Free annual flu vaccinations.
- Free annual health clinic with a qualified medical professional.
- Tai Calon has a strong and trusted partnership with our nominated Occupational Health provider. This allows staff access to qualified medical assessment and advice that allows the business to support their ongoing health and wellbeing within our workplace.
Routes into Work
We recognise the challenges faced by those seeking employment. This is why Tai Calon has taken steps to help people from the local community who want to pursue a career:
- Tai Calon regularly provides voluntary opportunities for those wishing to obtain valuable work experience. If you would like to know what voluntary opportunities may be available to you, email our HR department at email@example.com.
- Tai Calon’s Solis One Head Office hosts a weekly Work Club every Thursday from 1:00pm to 3:00pm. Anyone from the local community is welcome to attend and receive tips, advice and guidance on how to secure employment.
* Newly appointed staff members receive 25 days of annual leave per annum (pro rata for temporary contracts). Entitlement increases to 30 days of annual leave upon 5 years of continuous service.
** Includes 6 disabled parking bays.
*** Eye tests provided on a two-yearly basis.