Turn your left over Christmas dinner into something spectacular on Boxing Day!
- Ingredients (makes 12 pasties)
- 400g shop bought puff pastry
- Plain flour for dusting
- 1 egg beaten for sticking the pastry and egg washing
- 120g cooked leftover roast turkey meat and a little skin
- A splash of turkey gravy or good chicken stock
- Roll the pastry to 3mm thick, cut out disks to a diameter of approx 12cm. Place on floured tray repeat
until you have 12. Transfer the disks to the fridge to chill.
- Finely chop the turkey meat, a splash of gravy to bind and then season well with salt, pepper.
- Place a heaped tea spoon of the filling in the center of the disk leaving a 2cm border around. Brush some egg wash around one half of the border and pull the other end over the top of the filling to meet the egg washed side.
- Press down and seal the pastry ensuring there are no gaps. Place the pasties on a floured non stick oven tray and bake for 15-20 minutes on 180°C until golden brown and the filling is hot. Serve straight away.