Kids got a little more chocolate on their hands than you bargained for at Easter? Help them make a little dent in their stash with this scrumptious and very shareable cake.
- 300g of chocolate, broken into chunks
- 100g butter, diced
- 140g golden syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- 200g biscuit, roughly chopped
- 100g sultana (optional)
- 85g Rice Krispies
- 100-140g mini eggs or other sweets
- 50g white chocolate (optional)
- Line a 20 x 30cm tin with baking paper. Melt the chocolate, butter and golden syrup in a bowl set over a pan of simmering water, stirring occasionally, until smooth and glossy. Add the vanilla, biscuits, sultanas and Rice Krispies, and mix well until everything is coated.
- Tip the mixture into the tin, then flatten it down with the back of a spoon. Press in some mini eggs or other sweets, if using, and put in the fridge until set. When hard, drizzle all over with the melted white chocolate and set again before cutting into chunks.