Disrepair Claims

At some point in our lives most of us have been contacted by claims companies encouraging us to make a claim, this often includes personal injury or perhaps your landlord for failing to complete repairs that you have reported, known as disrepair.

If you think you have disrepair in your home our advice is to first check the Tai Calon website on the “Tenant Guidance” page and then click on the “Our Responsibilities” link to find out the type of repairs that Tai Calon are responsible for and which ones tenants are responsible for.

If you still think you have disrepair in your home that should have been done by Tai Calon please tell us about it by calling 0300 303 17 17 or email to talktous@taicalon.org. However, if your repair falls into the list of minor jobs that are the tenant’s responsibility, you should make arrangements to carry them out.

It may not always seem like it but using a specialist company for a disrepair claim can be time consuming and quite often the only people who make any money from it are the claims company themselves.

Using a claims company can often result in spending tenants rent unnecessarily and that’s why we would much prefer to talk directly to you about any disrepair queries.

If In doubt, please get in touch with us.
To Report a repair telephone 0300 303 1717 between 9am and 5pm, Monday to Friday. Please, remember that we are likely to experience a larger number of calls following a public holiday and during extreme weather conditions.

By text, type the word repairs followed by your name and message to 60030. We will get back to you within one working day.

In an emergency, outside normal working hours, ring 0300 303 1717.

Related Links 

Emergency repairs