The maintenance of Tai Calon’s tree stock and the regeneration of mature woodland will provide benefits for future generations. It is therefore essential that Tai Calon support an ethos of preserving and conserving trees.
- Trees are vital. As the biggest plants on the planet, they give us oxygen, store carbon, stabilise soil and give life to the nation’s wildlife.
- Trees absorb CO2, removing and storing the carbon while releasing oxygen back into the air. In one year, an acre of mature trees absorbs the same amount of CO2 produced when you drive your car 26,000 miles.
- Each year a mature tree produces enough oxygen for 10 people.
- Over 20 species of British trees and shrubs are known to have medicinal properties.
- Research shows that within minutes of being surrounded by trees and green space, your blood pressure drops, your heart rate slows and your stress levels come down.
- Studies have also shown that patients with views of trees out of their windows heal faster with fewer complications.
- Exposure to trees and nature aids concentration by reducing mental fatigue and can also help reduce the stress of modern life.
- Trees are also an effective sound barrier and can limit noise pollution.