Back In the family home for Christmas

Mum and two young sons left homeless after devastating fire in Tredegar

Following a devastating house fire at a Tai Calon property in Tredegar on 10th October a family found themselves homeless and with no belongings.

Jade Lapping, 27, was at home with her youngest son when the blaze started. Jade and her two boys, aged just four and eight have been staying with relatives following the fire.

Upon hearing the news of the fire our team at Tai Calon rallied together to make sure Jade was back in her home with her boys in time for Christmas. With the help of Councillor Hodges, we were able to acquire beds and other furniture to replace what had been destroyed in the blaze.

Jade said she has received amazing support from the community in the wake of the fire.

“It’s quite overwhelming I didn’t expect to get this help. When the fire happened I didn’t expect to be where I’m now.” Jade added “If it wasn’t for everyone and Tai Calon’s help, I wouldn’t be back on my feet.”

From everyone at Tai Calon, we wish Jade and her family a very happy Christmas.

A gofundme page has been set up by Jade’s sister Paula Wilson to try and raise some funds for the family.