We want to reassure you that Tai Calon’s focus is on maintaining essential services and ensuring people are safe and can keep their homes during this emergency situation.
Our repairs and maintenance service is operating but is focused only on essential and emergency work. We have limited access to our sheltered housing schemes in order to reduce the risk of spreading any infection amongst our residents. Access for any agencies that are attending to provide personal care for residents is not affected and will continue as normal. Likewise, access for urgent medical reasons or provision of essential supplies will also be unaffected. Staff are continuing with welfare calls via the use of the intercom.
In relation to supporting people in our wider communities we are limiting personal visits to only those that are necessary. We are providing support to our existing customers where feasible over the telephone and any visits are in line with NHS guidance. Our Community Housing Teams are prioritising anyone vulnerable, including the elderly, first.
Emergency, urgent repairs and important safety checks
We have put a number of measures in place to ensure we work safely according to the social distancing rules set out by the Government, so if we need to carry out work in your home please allow us access. It is essential that you let us know beforehand if you or anyone in your home is unwell so that we can ensure our staff and contractors take appropriate additional safety measures.
We will always contact you to check if you have any health issues or concerns before we visit.
We are attending emergency repairs within 24 hours, these include:
- Burst pipes such as major radiator flooding
- Significant leaks to internal water supplies and boilers where the leak cannot be isolated and/or water captured in a bowl, bucket etc.
- Making secure after a break-in
- Dangerous structures
- Complete electrical failure
- Suspected gas or potential carbon monoxide leaks. If you smell gas call the emergency services on 0800 111 999
If you call about an urgent repair we will give you an appointment for one of our Operatives to attend, these include:
- Faulty smoke alarms
- Leaks to internal water supplies that can be contained
- Complete loss of central heating where no other form of heating
- Blocked or leaking foul drain or toilet
- Partial loss of water supply
- Leaking roofs
- Loose or detached banister or handrail
- Unsecure external window, door or lock
We are also completing external repairs including:
- Fence and boundary repairs.
- Garden works and external repairs
- Roof repairs
We want to ensure your home environment remains as safe as possible. Therefore, we will be conducting essential safety checks, including gas and electric checks, in your home in accordance with the latest Government guidelines for completing property safety inspections.
We carry out the inspections to keep you and your family safe.
How to report a repair?
Telephone 0300 303 1717 between 8am and 5pm, Monday to Friday to report an emergency repair.
In an emergency, outside normal working hours, ring 0300 303 1717. It is important that only emergency or urgent repairs are reported at this time, as we will not be carrying out any routine repairs.