On 4 May 2012 the Tai Calon Welsh Language Scheme was approved by the Welsh Language Commissioner.
Tai Calon has adopted the principle, that in the conduct of public business in Wales, that it will treat the Welsh and English languages on the basis of equality. This Scheme sets out how Tai Calon will operate that principle in providing services to the public in Wales.
Implementation of bi-lingual services at Tai Calon will be introduced between July 2012 and 2013.
This exciting development will include:
- Maintaining a data base of tenants who wish to be communicated with in Welsh
- Welsh-speaking options for telephone users
- Key access documentation and literature readily available in the Welsh language
- All other documents available in Welsh on request
- Develop a bi-lingual greeting and logo.
Guidelines will be made available to staff on how to meet our Welsh Language Scheme commitments. These will include:
- Awareness training on equality of Welsh language
- Communicating with Welsh speakers
- Corporate identity
- Printed materials including advertisements, marketing etc.