We Need You! Do you have great ideas on how Tai Calon can improve? Are you excited about building new affordable homes for local people in Blaenau Gwent? Do you want to see the existing homes become more energy efficient? Would you like to learn new skills and gain new experiences that could advance your career?
If you answered yes to those questions, please consider joining the Tai Calon Board.
As a customer-centric organisation, with customer satisfaction as our key objective, it is crucial that the Board directly hears the tenant’s voice.
All we ask is that you have the following:
- A keen interest in what Tai Calon is seeking to achieve
- Availability of approximately 7 hours per month for meetings, training, and representing Tai Calon; and
- A clear rent account.
In return, we will provide comprehensive training and support to help you grow as a Board Member and an annual salary of £5,000, plus expenses.
In deciding to apply, we ask that you note the following:
- If you receive benefits, they may be affected by the Tai Calon salary you receive. Therefore, please check with the Department of Work and Pensions so that you fully understand the implications before you apply.
- If successful, you will also become a shareholding member. However, you do not need to be a shareholding member to apply.
- Attendance at our ‘Becoming A Board Member’ training course is mandatory.
The application process is as follows:
- Applications are to be received by Tai Calon by Friday, 14th July.
- Applicants will be shortlisted by Monday, 24th July.
- Those shortlisted candidates will be invited to have a telephone chat with Howard, the Tai Calon Chief Executive, who will explain the role in more detail and answer any questions you may have.
- A tenant vote in August to decide the successful candidate.
- Please note that applications can only be accepted from tenants with a clear rent account.
To learn more about the responsibilities and rewards of being a Board Member, we encourage you to read our recruitment pack, which can be found here.
If you would like to express your interest or have any questions, please get in touch with Howard, Chief Executive. Email: email@example.com or Vicki Thomas, Head of Corporate Services. Phone: 0300 3031717 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We hope you will join us on this exciting journey to shape the future of Tai Calon. Your voice matters: together, we can make a real difference in our community. Click here to apply today.