Collecting rent and other payments

It is important that you continue to pay your rent, so we can continue to provide essential services. We recognise that the current situation has caused a lot of uncertainty and we have made additional staff available to provide advice and assistance so please let us know if you have any concerns about your income or paying your rent.

We’ve put together some frequently asked questions below but if you need further advice and support, including help to make claims for the benefits you may be entitled to, contact us as soon as possible:

Do I still need to pay rent?

It is important that you continue to pay your rent. We know that this is a difficult time for everyone, and we are here to support you. All we ask is that you keep in touch with us if you have any problems paying your rent.

We are not offering any rent holidays but we will not take any eviction action if you are unable to pay your rent as a direct result of the impact of Coronavirus. It is, however, important that you get in touch with us as soon as possible if you are struggling to pay your rent or need help to claim any benefits so we can help you avoid any arrears building up on your account. We have a number of experienced staff who can provide help and advice.

How to pay your rent

There are a number of ways you can pay your rent:

Online via Allpay: You can pay your rent via the Allpay website. Make sure you have your Allpay swipe card to hand when you pay.

Direct Debit: Contact us for more information by ringing 0300 303 1717, Monday to Friday, between 9am and 5pm, or by texting the word “rent” followed by your name to 60030.

Telephone: By telephone using a debit or credit card. Please ring 0300 303 1717, Monday to Friday, between 9am and 5pm

Post Office: Use your Tai Calon payment card and pay by cash or debit card.

PayZone: Pay by cash using your Tai Calon payment card. Some payments can take up to 5 working days to show on your account. Find your local Payzone retailer here:

My income has reduced, what should I do?

If your household income has reduced and you are struggling to afford your rent, we recommend that you make a claim for benefits to include housing costs, which can help towards your rent.

The Government has put in place additional measures to ensure that claims are paid without delay, and some people who may not have been entitled to benefits before, may now be entitled to receive money.

If you are entitled to Universal Credit, you can request an advance payment to give you access to funds straight away, but please note advances are very similar to a loan, and you should consider that any payments your receive will be reduced each month to repay this.

If you have to wait for your benefits to be paid to you and arrears build up on your account, we will come to an agreement for this to be repaid at an affordable rate once things have settled down and you are able to clear any rent arrears.

Please speak to one of the Housing team who will be able to help you set up this repayment arrangement. You can contact them by selecting the ‘rent information’ tab on our contact us form, here

You can also get independent, impartial and free debt advice available from:

What will happen to my rent account?

  • Your rent will continue to be added each week, but we can reassure you that there will be no interest or additional charges added to your account.  If you are financially impacted by coronavirus your rent officer will work with you to make a plan to help maximise your income and maintain your rent payments.  We know that this is a difficult time for everyone, and we are proud to be here to support you through it, all we ask is that you keep in touch and work with us too.
  • We will not take any eviction action during the period of lockdown or if your rent arrears are a direct result of you being financially impacted by Coronavirus.

I’m not sure what I am entitled to, can you help me?

  • The good news for social housing renters is that the Government has introduced additional support for you, which means that you may now be entitled to claim for your rent to be ‘paid’ whilst your income is affected. Please visit to check if you are eligible for help with paying your rent
  • We have increased the number of people who can offer you benefits advice, and our Rent Officers and Money Solution workers are here to help you make a claim. You can contact our Money Advice or Housing Teams, here.

Alternatively, you can visit:

  • Turn2Us Benefits advice and benefits calculators and to search for available grant
  • Money Advice ServiceMoney-Saving advice with day to day expenses and debt advice
  • Step ChangeDebt advice, up to date benefits advice, benefits calculators.

I’m already under a payment agreement or court order for my rent. What do I do?

  • If your income has not been affected by the measures put in place during the COVID-19 outbreak, you will need to carry on paying as you normally do. If your income is affected, and you are now unable to meet these payments, please contact your Rent Officer straight away to discuss your account. We will assess your current agreement or court order and will work with you to make and affordable plan until the lockdown measures are relaxed and you are able to bring your payments up to date. Please contact us.

I usually pay my rent at the local shop / Post Office but I can’t go there now. What should I do?

  • Please use one of the other payment options listed above or contact us if you have problems using one of these.

I usually call your offices to pay my rent using my debit card. What should I do?

  • We are still able to take payments by phone but you may find it easier to use one of the other payment options listed above.

What will happen with my service charge?

  • Although some services have been reduced, our  Community Housing Team are still carrying out safety checks to communal areas as well as maintaining bin store areas.
  • We anticipate costs and service levels over the year will be as originally planned and therefore do not plan to issue any refunds.

Further support and information

HMRC has set up a helpline for people who are self-employed and businesses that are faced with financial difficulties. They are providing advice on your tax and benefits. Alternatively, call them on 0300 456 3565

Universal Credit guidance for claimants that are self-isolating has been published by the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP).

There are also a number of other websites you can go to for more information.

Universal Credit – click here to find out more about what benefits you may be entitled to during the current Coronavirus outbreak

Information for the Employed (Statutory Sick Pay, Proof of Sickness, ESA new style/contributions, Furloughed Workers, Universal Credit)

For information about Council Tax Reductions please contact your local authority or

General money advice and information from Money Saving Expert – including mortgage/rent, energy, benefits, canceled events, supermarkets, subscriptions etc.

Money Advice Services If you need help budgeting, this is a useful Budget planner

The Welsh Government have provided useful information for tenants

Mind find out more about Coronavirus and your wellbeing

Business Wales  – Click here to find out what support is available for Businesses