This year we will be spending £10.9 million between April 2018 and March 2019 on improving homes and neighbourhoods and are planning on spending a further £34.4 million between April 2019 and March 2023.
The improvement works planned to be carried out over the next five years will be completed in a priority order. An outline of the planned programmes will be published in this section for 2018/19. Further information will be published as the programme of work is scheduled.
This investment includes:
- Works to neighbourhood estates and the environment – open spaces, roads, car parks and drains
- Works to gardens and boundaries – garden paths, walls, fences and gates
- External works to homes – new windows, doors, render and roofing
- Internal works to homes – boilers, wirings, kitchens and bathrooms
The improvement works planned to be carried out over the next 5 years will be completed in a priority order.
The order is based on the following:
- Health, safety and legal compliance
- Building components coming to the end of their life
- Borderline WHQS passes that would benefit from further improvement
- Reducing the demand for responsive repairs
- Improvements in thermal comfort (highest weather exposure first)
- Improvements in energy efficiency and reduction in utility costs for tenants to reduce fuel poverty.
The order is also influenced by:
- Tenant satisfaction with the neighbourhood
- Stock turnover and number of empty homes
- Demand for homes
- Indices of multiple deprivation indicators
- Poor energy efficiency of homes
An outline of the planned programmes for 2017/18 is published below. Further information will be published as the programme of work is scheduled.
5 Year Investment Programme
|Area of Investment||Year 1 (Approved) 2016/2017||Year 2 (Indicative) 2017/2018||Year 3 (Indicative) 2018/2019||Year 4 (Indicative) 2019/2020||Year 5 (Indicative) 2020/2021|
|Estates & Environment||£ 1,200,000||£ 1,200,000||£ 1,200,000||£200,000||£ 254,000|
|Gardens & Boundaries||£ 1,192,245||£ 1,192,245||£ 1,192,245||£1,192,245||£ 1,192,245|
|External||£ 7,355,569||£ 8,604,390||£ 9,070,620||£5,482,450||£ 2,392,551|
|Internal||£ 1,587,525||£ 1,618,975||£ 1,668,975||£1,549,925||£ 561,825|
|Total||£ 11,335,339||£ 12,615,610||£ 13,131,840||£8,424,620||£ 4,400,621|