Please contact our Repairs and Maintenance Team as soon as you think a repair is needed in your home. The team are available to answer your call during normal office hours (Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm, except Bank Holidays).
If a problem occurs outside these hours or you feel the repair is an emergency, then please follow the instructions on the Emergency Repairs page.
Please take the time to read the information about the types of repair we consider, before reporting your repair to our maintenance staff:
In order for our maintenance staff to action your request you will need to provide the following:
- Your name
- Your address
- Day-time contact telephone number
- Your email address
- and a short description of the problem you wish to report
You can telephone our maintenance staff during normal office hours (Monday to Friday 9am – 5pm, except Bank Holidays) on: 0300 303 1717
Please be ready to provide the maintenance staff with the following details:
- Your name
- Your address
- A short description of the problem you wish to report
In Person or in Writing
You can also report your repair, or write, to our Repairs and Maintenance Team at:
Tai Calon Solis One
Rising Sun Industrial
Tenants’ Repairing Responsibilities
Tenants that rent properties from us are responsible for the following:
- Keeping the inside of the property clean and tidy and empty of rubbish at all times.
- Decorating all internal areas (except communal areas), creating making small cracks in the plaster, tiling, or walls.
- Repairing or replacing floor finishes.
- Clearing waste pipes, traps and unblocking gullies.
- Seek permission before installing any gas or wood burning appliances
Please note – we will attend to external drain blockages and internal WC blockages, however, if we find that the blockage has been caused by misuse or neglect by a tenant, member of their household or visitor to their home, we will recharge the full cost of any works we carry out.
- Replacing plugs and chains to sinks, basins and baths.
- Replacing WC seats
- Replacing lost or broken keys, including the locks if required.
- Renewing electric fuses, other than the main fuse, and for replacing light bulbs (except where the light fitting is in a communal area).
- Repairing or renewing doorbells, TV aerials and satellite dishes, unless fitted by TCCH or part of a shared system.
- Repairing or renewing shower units unless provided by TCCH.
- Replacing damaged fittings and fixtures caused by misuse or neglect, whether caused by themselves, members of their household or visitors to their home.
- Replacing cracked or broken glass where caused accidentally or by misuse or neglect, whether caused by themselves, members of their household or visitors to their home.
- Sweeping chimneys, unless a central heating appliance is installed in the fireplace.
- Repairing and replacing boundary fencing and gates unless originally provided by TCCH.
- Please note – except where fences around public areas, highways and are not adequately maintained by the tenant, we may remove fences that are in poor or dangerous condition.
- Maintaining and repairing garden sheds, greenhouses or timber out-houses unless originally provided by TCCH.
- Maintaining all trees and hedges within the individual property boundary.
- Please note – we may be able to help in special circumstances, or if the tree presents a Health and Safety risk to either the tenant/public or buildings.
- Making good any damage caused by themselves, members of their household or visitors to their home, to the satisfaction of TCCH.
- Please note – We may at our discretion, make good the damage or loss, and recharge the tenant (please refer to our Recharges Policy).
- Informing us of any building extensions, alterations or electrical adaptations that they intend to carry out.
Please note – work must not commence until we have given our written approval and we will inspect the works after they have been completed. Tenants are responsible for obtaining any necessary consent required in relation to Planning Permission, Building Regulations, and/or Party Wall Act etc. Any maintenance and repair associated with such alterations or adaptations will remain the responsibility of the tenant.