We will arrange for the solid fuel heating system in your home to be serviced on a biannual basis. It is imperative that the service appointment is kept for your safety and to ensure the safe operation of the appliance. Information has been compiled to provide helpful references and guidance regarding the use of the solid fuel system and what to do if you are concerned with its operation
What should I do if there is a problem with my solid fuel heating system?
If you think there is a problem with your heating system, do not use it and immediately call us on: 0300 303 1717. A faulty solid fuel heating system may lead to the release of carbon monoxide.
Some of the symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning are:
- loss of consciousness
If your appliance begins to burn slowly, goes out frequently, you smell or suspect fumes or your carbon monoxide alarm goes off:
- open doors and windows
- allow the appliance to burn itself out
- don’t attempt to re-light the appliance until it has been checked
- Leave the property, do not re enter and call the repairs line immediately in or outside working hours on 0300 303 1717
How can I make sure that my solid fuel heating system is functioning safely?
Always consult the manufacturers instructions for routine cleaning that must be followed on a weekly basis. Additionally to this there are some basic precautions that you can take:
- make sure there is adequate ventilation
- empty and check the ashtray every day
- clean fireplace regularly (including the throat plate and flue ways if applicable)
- always use the right fuel
- never leave an open fire unattended without a fireguard
- always use a securely fitted fireguard when children are in the house
To ensure satisfactory performance of your solid fuel appliance, it is important to use smokeless fuels that are of a suitable type and size. Good quality fuels are essential for safe and efficient combustion as poor quality fuels waste energy, ultimately cost more to use and could have a detrimental effect on the safe operation of the appliance. Always buy solid fuel from an approved Coal Merchant and refer to the manufacturer’s instructions for your appliance to ensure you are using the correct fuel. If you no longer have the manufacturer’s instructions and are unsure of the correct fuel to use then contact us on 03003031717 and we will help you by contacting the manufacturer on your behalf.