To apply for a job at Tai Calon, visit our recruitment website at www.taicalon-careers.co.uk and select the job you are interested in. You can find out more about the job and the skills needed by downloading the job description.
At Tai Calon Community Housing our vision is to provide homes and thriving neighbourhoods where people are proud to live. To do this it’s important that we recruit the most talented staff.
Our philosophy is to generate enthusiasm and personal commitment, within every single person associated with the organisation. We want to deliver excellence in everything we do and instil a drive for achievement and success. We are proud to be part of our organisation and together we can make a real difference!
We want all our employees, from our most experienced to our newest recruits, to be community and tenant focussed, with a commitment to providing the highest quality service in their area of the business.
You can find out more about the job and the skills needed by downloading the job description.
You can then click the apply button to complete your application form online – or even send the vacancy to a friend! If you are unable to complete the form online, you can ask for a hard-copy application form by contacting a member of the HR team (contact details below).
To give yourself the best chance of succeeding, you should complete the application form in as much detail as possible. You can save your progress and revisit the application form at any time before the closing date – just remember to click the submit button before the vacancy closes.
If you need support to complete your application form, contact the HR team.
You will receive an automated email to confirm receipt of your completed application form.
A shortlisting officer or shortlisting panel will then review all of the applications received. The shortlisting officer and panel will try to review all applications as quickly as possible – some of our most popular vacancies can take a several days to review, we appreciate your patience in this regard.
All applicants will receive an email to let them know the outcome of their application.
If you have been successfully shortlisted, a member of the HR team will be in touch to invite you to attend an assessment centre.
Equality & Diversity
Tai Calon Community Housing are committed to Equality and Diversity. We welcome interest from all members of the community.
All applications are reviewed independently, and none of your protected personal information (such as your gender, or underlying health conditions) are shared with the shortlisting officer or panel. We make our recruitment decisions based on your talent, skill and ability.
If you require any adaptations to the above process, or have any support needs, please contact a member of our HR team on 0300 303 1717 or firstname.lastname@example.org who will be happy to discuss these with you.
Tai Calon recognises that all our staff are talented and hardworking. That’s why we want to offer staff more than just their monthly pay cheque.
We can offer staff a range of benefits that all add up to make Tai Calon a better place for you to continue your career.
- Auto-enrolment into the Local Government Pension Scheme.
- Generous annual leave allowance of up to 30 days per year* plus statutory holidays.
- Free onsite parking for up to 119 members of staff**.
- Access to a suite of salary sacrifice benefits including Childcare Vouchers and Cycle to Work scheme.
- Learning and development opportunities.
* Newly appointed staff members receive 25 days of annual leave per annum (pro rata for temporary contracts). Entitlement increases to 30 days of annual leave upon 5 years of continuous service.
** Includes 6 disabled parking bays.
Learning and Development
Tai Calon recognises the importance of investing in our staff. That’s why we have a dedicated organisational development team who support employees to achieve their full potential.
- Training matrix for every role.
- Access to e-learning programme with over 1200 courses.
- In-house employment and skills support team.
- Annual Higher Education Scheme.
Health and Wellbeing
Tai Calon recognises the importance of investing in its staff. That’s why we have a dedicated organisational development team who support employees to achieve their full potential.
- Rolling Health Surveillance programme.
- Employee Assistance Programme.
- Free eye tests available to all employees*** including subsidy towards cost of eyewear.
- Free annual flu vaccinations.
- Free annual health clinic with a qualified medical professional.
- Occupational Health support.
*** Eye tests provided on a two-yearly basis.
Routes into Work
- Tai Calon regularly provides voluntary opportunities for those wishing to get work experience. If you would like to know what voluntary opportunities may be available to you, email our HR department at email@example.com.
- Tai Calon’s Solis One Head Office hosts a weekly Work Club every Thursday from 1:00pm to 3:00pm. Anyone from the local community is welcome to attend and receive tips, advice and guidance on how to secure employment.
- Input needed from Employment and Enterprise Team.