Here you will find information on securing yourself a new home. You can learn how to get yourself on the common housing register, what to do if you are threatened by homelessness, and how to transfer or exchange from your current home.

Apply to the common housing register

Blaenau Gwent County Borough Council (BGBC) and the four main housing associations that operate in the County Borough (Tai Calon Community Housing, Linc Cymru, Melin Homes and United Welsh) have set up one housing register so that people will be able to apply for social rented housing by making one application. This register is called the Blaenau Gwent Common Housing Register.

Homelessness or threatened with homelessness

Blaenau Gwent County Borough Council (BGBC) will provide assistance and advice to those who are homeless or threatened with homelessness. This may include finding temporary accommodation whilst permanent accommodation is sought

Useful Information

Supported Living
Supported living is about enabling you to live independently in your own home.
Tenant Transfer
Tenants may transfer from one Tai Calon property to another.
Mutual Exchange
This is a way of swapping your home with another Tai Calon tenant or a tenant of another housing association or council who also wants to move.