Emergency alarms give tenants the freedom to live independently in their own home, safe in the knowledge that if there is an accident or they have a fall, they can get help quickly.
When should I use the Emergency Alarm?
- Need urgent medical help
- If you have fallen and are hurt, or need help to get up
- If you feel unwell and need a doctor/relative or friend.
Will the advisor know who I am?
Yes – they will have your name, address and medical details.
They will contact the emergency services/doctor and/or your family/friends for you.
How do I use the alarm?
- Press the button on the alarm itself
- Pull the emergency alarm cord
- Press the button on your wrist or neck cord
Can I use the Alarm to report an emergency repair?
Yes – if the emergency repair is needed outside of normal working hours.
An emergency repair is where:
There is a risk to life or serious injury/damage to your belongings or home, for example:
- Burst pipes or major leak from a radiator
- No electricity – all your lights and appliances are not working
- No hot water or heating between October and April or in very bad weather conditions
- A gas leak
- Blocked toilet and drains
- Leaking water pipes and boilers
- Dangerous structures.
We aim to respond to an emergency repair within two hours.
Any other repairs should be reported to us as normal by ringing 0300 303 1717, Monday to Friday, between 9am and 5pm.