Anti-social behaviour

What is anti social or nuisance behaviour?

It is serious, persistent behaviour by someone which is capable of or causes harm or adversely affects someone else:

It can be:

  • Persistent and excessive levels of noise
  • Abusive, threatening or violent behaviour
  • Vandalism
  • Flytipping
  • Hate crime
  • Intimidation/harassment

What isn’t ASB or nuisance behaviour

  • Children’s arguments
  • Staring or looking at someone
  • One off parties or BBQ’s
  • Carparking issues
  • Straying pets
  • Conflicting lifestyles or values. (noise from expected household activities at a reasonable hours such as vacuuming, washing machines, occasional DIY)

If you need to contact us about experiencing ASB we will work with you to agree on how to tackle it, how to report further issues and agree how to keep in touch.  We find that the majority of complaints to us involve another neighbour’s behaviour and so we can intervene quickly and raise the issue with them if you feel you cannot talk to them yourself.  Action by us can involve, home visits, letters and informal agreements and ensuring all parties who need support, are offered it.

In some cases, improvement does not happen very quickly and more time is needed to investigate, and gather evidence to prove what is going in order to take stronger action.  This process can take time but we will explain how we can support you.    Please see our link to The Noise App for collecting evidence of noise.

Sometimes ASB is also more serious and is potentially a crime and it may be that the matter should be reported to the police and that they are the best people to investigate.  We will however work with police and a range of other services where necessary to best help our communities.

If you need help from us or would simply like some advice then please contact us:

  • Telephone us on 0300 303 1717, Monday to Friday, between 9am and 5pm.
  • Email us at
  • Visit us or write to us at:

Tai Calon Community Housing,
Solis One,
Rising Sun Industrial Estate,
Blaenau Gwent,
NP13 3JW.

You can also make a report via a third party, i.e. a friend, relative or another agency such as social services.

If you would like to read more about what to expect and who else can help you visit this independent website

Can I make an anonymous complaint?

All complaints are confidential. We would not disclose your complaint to a third party or the person, about whom you are complaining, without your permission. However, this may limit our investigation. If the complaint is anonymous, we may not have enough information or evidence to deal with it. Any legal action will require information that we are able to prove in a court. If the anti social behaviour is of a criminal nature, you can call Crimestoppers anonymously, 24 hours a day, on 0800 555 111. You can also contact the police – if it’s an emergency dial 999, otherwise ring 101, for example if you have witnessed a crime.