Tai Calon Community Housing has a Code of Conduct which we expect our staff and contractors to follow.
Before the member of staff/contractor arrives, they will:
- Check they have the details of work to be undertaken and have arranged access to your home.
- Respect religious and culturally important events, holidays and festivals.
- Make sure they have the right tools and materials to do the job, including dust sheets.
- Plan to complete the work in one visit, where this is possible.
- Explain, if it is not possible to finish on the first visit, and offer a date for a return visit.
- Make sure they have the right parking permits.
Meeting you (the tenant), the member of staff/contractor will:
- Show their identification card.
- Confirm the work they will be carrying out and explain how long they think it will take.
- Tell you if they have to disconnect your gas, water or electricity.
- Obtain your permission before starting work.
- Be polite and never speak in a racist, sexist, homophobic or unreasonable way.
- Be professional and not gossip about other tenants, staff or contractors.
While in your home, the member of staff/contractor will:
- Use dust sheets, if the work is likely to cause a mess.
- Avoid damaging your belongings or home.
- Put furniture back, if it needed to be moved.
- Take away all waste materials when they leave, if they are able to.
- Ask your permission before leaving materials or rubbish in your home or communal areas.
- Not smoke in your home.
Carrying out the work, the member of staff/contractor will:
- Work in a safe way, and avoid causing disruption.
- Use good-quality and long life materials.
- Only enter rooms or areas where they are working.
- Keep your home safe by securing doors and putting away ladders.
- Take extra care if working around small children or people with mobility issues.
- Keep you informed of all progress in completing the work, if it cannot be finished in one visit.
Members of staff/contractors working in your home will not:
- Use radios, CD, MP3 or cassette players without your permission.
- Smoke or eat inside your home.
- Drink alcohol during working hours.
- Remove any of your possessions without your permission.
- Use your phone.
- Use your bathroom without your permission.
We ask you to help us by doing the following:
- Keep appointments and give our members of staff/contractors access into your home.
- Contact us promptly if you are unable to keep an appointment (If you live in sheltered housing please inform your scheme manager).
- Check the identity of any member of staff/contractor entering your home and let us know immediately if you have any concerns.
- Be ready for the work, by clearing the area where we will be working, so that we have a safe working environment.
- Be considerate towards our members of staff/contractors.
- Not smoke in the area where we will be working for at least 24 hours before the appointment time.
- Ensure young children, and pets such as dogs are kept away from the work area.
- Understand that although we will always do our best, there is likely to be some disruption and things may not always go to plan.
- Help us to improve our services by giving us feedback; whether positive or negative.